The Lifetime Support Authority (LSA) will fund necessary and reasonable attendant care services for a Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS) participant requiring care as a result of a motor vehicle accident on South Australian roads. Attendant care must be pre-approved and delivered by an attendant care provider who is on our approved provider panel.
What is attendant care
Attendant care services are provided to LSS participants to assist them to manage their essential and regular personal care needs. This includes activities such as grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, toileting and other personal or hygiene needs.
What is the role of an attendant care worker?
The attendant care worker implements the care program for a LSS participant as outlined in the LSS participant’s service delivery plan. Attendant care workers are recruited and appointed to meet a LSS participant’s specific needs.
Can an attendant care worker help a participant with their rehabilitation goals?
Attendant care includes providing care to help a LSS participant achieve their rehabilitation goals. This can include physical assistance, prompting and/or supervision.
The attendant care worker implements the program under the direction of a service professional. The worker cannot direct or change a program and should report regularly to the service professional overseeing the program through the attendant care supervisor/coordinator.
We have a panel of attendant care service providers and periodically approach the market to update our panel.
Register your interest on the SA Tenders website and create a search profile. You will be notified when the next Registration of Interest process is released.
The LSA requires all approved attendant care providers to:
- hold a current DHS Disability Services Employment Screening (or interstate equivalent) of all relevant staff
- if working with children or if children are present, hold a current Working with Children screening
- hold either:
- accreditation under the Australian Community Industry Standard (ACIA) or
- registration as a NDIS Provider to provide either High Intensity Daily Personal Activities or Community Nursing and met the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators as per the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission conditions attached to their registration.
We have an approved panel of providers to provide attendant care services to LSS participants. They are listed below.
- All About Caring
- Australian Home Care Services
- Community Living Options
- Community Support Inc
- Drake Medox
- Enhanced Lifestyles
- ESAR Home Care
- Hills Community Options
- HomeCare+ (PQSA)
- KinCare Homecare
- Novita Children’s Services
- Programmed Health Professionals
- SA Care
- Southern Cross Community Healthcare
- Uniting Communities
- Your Nursing Agency
The following rates have been set as the maximum the LSA will fund for attendant care services from 1 July 2020.
Download the 2020–2021 LSS Attendant Care Rates