Information Release (Insurance and Legal)
The Lifetime Support Authority (LSA) delivers the Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS), which was established under the Motor Vehicle Accidents (Lifetime Support Scheme) Act 2013 (SA) (the Act).
Section 48 of the Act authorises the LSA to disclose or release:
- information concerning the treatment, care and support needs of participants (including expenses that are paid or payable by the LSA under the LSS in relation to those needs) to such persons, and subject to such conditions as the LSA thinks fit
- other information under an authorisation (if any) prescribed by the Motor Vehicle Accidents (Lifetime Support Scheme) Regulations 2014.
When requested, we may disclose or release information about a participant's treatment, care and support needs in order to assist approved insurers and legal representatives resolve Compulsory Third Party, Return to Work or Income Protection claims.
The information is provided regardless of the liability status of the claim.
Authorised parties for information exchange
The LSA may disclose and release information concerning the treatment, care and support needs of participants to the following:
- approved insurers for Compulsory Third-Party Insurance
- legal representatives of insurers
- ReturnToWorkSA and the applicant/participant
- income protection insurers
- relevant Commonwealth health and disability authorities, such as Medicare and the National Disability Insurance Agency
- health insurance providers.
The LSA may also disclose and release information concerning the treatment, care and support needs of participants for the purposes of the LSS to other parties, including:
- internal auditors and the Auditor-General for audit purposes
- Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS) Actuaries
- insurers engaged by the LSA.
Applications under an Information Release (Insurance and Legal) request should be forwarded to:
(08) 8463 6131 (within Australia)
+61 8 8463 6131 (outside Australia)
1300 880 849 (Toll free within Australia)
Please mark the envelope:
***Private and Confidential***
Lifetime Support Authority
PO Box 1218, Adelaide SA 5000 Australia
|Visit our contact us page for further information|